I’m not even kidding right now, I’ve made this salad 4x in the last 2 weeks (just barely adapted below). It contains the best ingredient duo ever… lime + cilantro (pho, anyone?). Actually, it’s a trifecta of goodness, because it also contains avocados (tacos, anyone?). What is it about the combination of these three green ingredients that is so delicious? That was a rhetorical question. Make it now.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
Cut your grape tomatoes in half, dice your avocado and red onion, and chop your cilantro.
Rinse and drain your chick peas and black beans. Mix the minced garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt in a bowl.
Mix beans with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and avocado. When you’re ready to eat, dress with the vinaigrette. Serves 4-5.