I posted this past Monday about the DIY appliqued onesies I made for my friend Pri’s baby shower. Seriously though, the packaging was the best part of the gift. I cannot take credit for the original idea (oh how I wish I could), but I love how it turned out. Onesie cupcakes!
- 4 onesies (mine came in a pack of 4 from Target)
- 4 receiving blankets (also a pack of 4 from Target)
- 4 regular size coffee filters (base diameter 3.25″)
- 4 rubber bands
- 4 pieces of ribbon
- 1 cupcake box (mine was a Wilton’s window treat box 4″x8″x8″– came in a pack of 3 from Joann’s)
- Fold your receiving blanket lengthwise into thirds. This will be the base of your cupcake.
- Gather your onesie as best as you can (can hold with one hand and poke into your fist… or do whatever works for you). This will be the “frosting” of the cupcake. I made sure the applique shape was at the top so that there was a pop of color.
- Wrap your receiving blanket around and around your onesie, starting at the bottom. Secure with a rubber band.
- Place it inside of a coffee filter (the “wrapper” of the cupcake) and tie a ribbon around it.
- Repeat x4, then place all 4 cupcakes inside a cake/treats box with a window and tie with a ribbon and tag!
Aren’t they so deliciously cute?
I ended up putting some tissue paper inside the box so the cupcakes wouldn’t slide around too much.
I decorated the top of the box with some gold polka dot washi tape.
Also made a hand-stamped tag, using my crop-a-dile tool to set an eyelet at the top
Tied it all up with thin yellow grosgrain ribbon. Huzzah!