Has it come to this?
Yes. Yes it has. I am now spending the little free time I have making baby DIYs because apparently many friends are now in the life stage of…. having babies. I don’t know how this happened, but my bff from high school, my bff from college, and my bff from grad school…. are all pregnant right now.
WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE.
Anyway. Ignore my existential crisis because hot damn, these baby onesies came out cute, if I must say. I gave them to my friend Pri, whose baby shower I attended this past Saturday. Tutorial and templates (bird, giraffe, elephant) from here; heart template free-handed. I bought a pack of four Carter’s brand onesies from Target, and all fabric swatches were from scraps I had.
- Iron Wonder-Under (fusible interfacing) onto fabric (both large enough to fit your template of choice).
- Trace your template onto the back of the Wonder-Under (which should now be fused to your fabric).
- Cut out your shape.
- Peel the backing off the Wonder-Under.
- Place your fabric shape onto the onesie and iron.
- Top stitch around the edge of your shape.
Better than the onesies was the packaging though– will save that for another post!