Today, I turn 29 years old, and my life feels like a flippin’ hot mess– more so than any other year of my adult life thus far. It’s been 5 months since I quit my full-time job, and instead of finding another full-time job, or two part-time jobs (as originally planned), I’m dabbling in multiple little things.
Here’s what I’ve been up to since I quit:
- I started working 3 afternoons a week at a pediatric OT clinic. Gotta keep up those OT skillzz.
- I started freelancing as an assistant coordinator for Love & Splendor, an event design/coordinating firm. My first wedding with them here; my second wedding is this Saturday!
- I met with Zoie Events (another event design/coordinating firm) and will be starting freelance work for them as well this year.
- I started interning with Bramble Workshop, an event styling/store display company, one morning a week.
- Starting tomorrow, I’ll be working with Everly clothing twice a week to coordinate and work the WWDMAGIC trade show in Vegas next month
- Also starting tomorrow, I’ll be taking a Photoshop class one evening a week at the Armory in Pasadena for the next few months.
Aside from all of that, I’m still blogging twice a week, trying to teach myself photography with my new DSLR, am continuing to serve at my church on Sundays and attend small group weekly, and am going to Bar Method 3x/week (3..ish -_-).
Despite the craziness that is my life, I’m so thankful for all the opportunities that have come my way since taking my leap of faith and leaving a stable job. It’s been a huge lifestyle change, and my OCD-type-A personality is being massively stretched, but I’ve been learning to live in the unknown. Giving myself this time to explore my interests and passions has been the best gift I could give myself, regardless of the fact that it’s scary. Really scary.
29, bring it. It’s gonna be a good year.
PS- My blog got a little facelift! New banner made by Jason of Onigiri Everyday— lurvin’ his calligraphy skillzz. Look out for our next collabo DIY post coming soon.
PPS- All of my links should be now be showing up as teal, not pink (YAY no more pink)– but things are kinda glitchy, especially in Safari, so please be patient as I figure things out. 🙂