I always stress out a little bit before potlucks. “What if nobody likes my food? What if someone gets sick? Wah wah wah.” With this recipe though, I know I’m pretty safe. Because there’s little room for failure. And who doesn’t love a good seven-layer dip?! There’s tons of variations of this recipe online, but this one (adapted from multiple recipes) is tried and true.
- 1/2 can refried beans (8 oz.)
- 1 can Fritos bean dip (9 oz.)
- 1 c. guacamole
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 c. shredded Jack and cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 container pico de gallo/salsa (I used La Mexicana medium salsa, 16 oz.)
- 2 bunches chopped green onion
Mix refried beans and Fritos bean dip; spread in bottom of small baking dish (8″x8″). Next, spread guacamole. If you’re ambitious, make your own guacamole. I was not.
Mix sour cream and taco seasoning; spread. Spread layer of pico de gallo/salsa. *Note: I used a wire mesh sieve to squeeze out the liquid of the salsa first!
Sprinkle cheese, then olives, then green onions, in that order.
Tempted to eat the whole dish myself. Yum.